Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Port Douglas

Nov. 13 – Port Douglas shopping

The morning was free to take a bus into Port Douglas for shopping. I finally was able to mail the package home with the aboriginal art that I purchased. Since I'd been carrying around the box ready to mail for 4 days (or was it 5?) it was great to get rid of it. We also came across the most advanced public toilet I've ever encountered. It spoke to you upon entering it, the toilet wouldn't flush until you washed your hands, and the door wouldn't open unless you washed your hands. Music played in the background while the toilet was being used. All quite automated and slick. (I will, however, save you from pictures - none will be posted.) It was quite the toilet! And, of course, we did do some shopping and spending of money....

No comments:

Post a Comment