Monday, November 30, 2009

Odd neighbors

Nov. 27 – Reefton Library

I've never seen this before. The Post Office shares space with the Library. You walk in and at one end of the counter is the postal clerk, and the librarian is at the other end. I had a nice chat with both ladies, and there is no job sharing. The postal clerk doesn't check out books and the librarian doesn't sell stamps. The librarian was telling me that the District Council bought computers and internet connections for the library. I said that many small libraries in the US also received government computers and internet connections but that the funding didn't always keep the computers connected. She told me that they have the same problem, but that their funding was at least secure for the next three years. It's the same everywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment